Personal Support Care
Nexgen caregivers are compassionate, reliable, and they are all well trained to provide top quality home care. They have a wide range of experience providing personal care, they also possess great interpersonal skills required in performing their jobs. Our staff is well trained and qualified to provide services such as:
- Personal Hygiene such as bathing, toileting, grooming and dressing
- Helping with mobility
- Preparing meals and aiding with eating
- Making sure medication is taken on time/ medication reminders
- Light housekeeping and laundry
Companionship is a vital component for seniors to feel socially connected and studies indicate that companionship enhances physical and mental health. Caregivers offer several services, which help keep a senior actively engaged while living at home. The care plan is uniquely personalized for your loved one. Some of the activities that companion caregivers provide include
- Meal preparation to help ensure nutrition needs are met
- Light housekeeping / laundry
- Playing games and solving puzzles for mental stimulation
- Providing medical reminders to clients to take their prescribed medications
- Escorted shopping, outings, and appointments to promote socialization
- Outdoor activities like going for a walk and gardening for fitness
Here at Nexgen Care we take pride in everything we do; we feel a clean home also leads to a feeling of well-being which can assist in overall health and happiness. Nexgen Caregivers are willing to help with all the usual housekeeping duties. Some of the tasks include:
- Clear sink of dirty dishes by loading them in dishwasher or hand washing
- Dry and return dishes to rightful place
- Wipe and dry sinks and faucets clean
- Wipe down and sanitize appliances and counters
- Take out trash
- Lightly wash, rinse, and dry tubs and showers
- Scrub, disinfect, and wipe toilets
- Replace used towels
- Ensure the room stays at a comfortable temperature
- Remove and replace soiled linens
- Adjust curtains and shades
Here at Nexgen Care we can review your meals, recipes, and shopping lists to ensure that a complete and healthy diet is maintained. Monitoring of expired foods and food on hand can also be part of your custom plan. We will also prepare nutritious and delicious meals to cater to special diets, including gluten free. Balanced meals are essential to maintaining health and body weight particularly for seniors. Appetite loss and loss of interest in food may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Palliative care is a service that benefits individuals who are facing life threatening illnesses and their families. The professionals who provide this type of care are focused on making patients and families feel comfortable during exceedingly difficult times. Palliative care is about more than the physical. It is a focus on the overall wellbeing of people through medical, emotional, and spiritual support. Our goal is to reduce the burden our patients and families feel when experiencing end-of-life conditions. Here at Nexgen Care we know making decisions when a loved one is facing the end of their life can be exceedingly difficult, but we can be there to make your experience a little easier. Palliative care is designed with the dignity and comfort of your family in mind. By providing care in the home, we can help you maintain your quality of life while still taking care of all the changes taking place. We recommend that families talk openly with their loved ones about their wants and needs as they age to find out which level of care would be needed to stay happy and independent. We can provide 24-hour shift care to you or your loved one.
Our caregivers are experienced in providing the best quality palliative care for your loved one. Our caregivers can also provide care in your loved one’s home or from a nursing home if they reside in one. Our palliative care services include:
Your family’s needs are unique and so is their care. At Nexgen Care we recognize this and personalize all our care plans to meet your needs.
- Our caregivers seek to provide the most comfort possible to your loved one, while respecting their dignity, social and cultural needs
- Our caregivers help with activities of daily living, perform housekeeping tasks, and prepare meals
- Our caregivers pay close attention to physical symptoms such as pain levels, nausea, change in appetite etc.
Medication routines can become increasingly complex. It is essential that a regular and accurate schedule is followed. Our trained and experienced care givers can help. While Assurance Home Caregivers are unable to assist with administering any medications, they can help remind a loved one when it is time to take their medications. Assistance can also be given with reading labels and opening of containers. Trips to the pharmacy and pickups can also be coordinated.
At Nexgen Care our caregivers are equipped with vehicles and stellar driving records. We can assist in running errands with your loved one for trips to the grocery store, pharmacy or wherever.
Safety should be a primary concern when assessing a seniors ability to drive. Of course, driving is a major component in maintaining a feeling of independence. When driving is just no longer possible Assurance Home Caregivers can help maintain that sense of independence with a little help behind the wheel. Whether accompanying the parent to appointments, the grocery store or visiting friends, trust Assurance Home Care to get them there and home safely. If preferred, our Assurance Home Caregivers can do the errands for them should they choose to stay at home.